candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Africa and Asia. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based funding platform, and local solar expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses in emerging markets.
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic mid-to senior level professional to join its Sales team, and will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
- 4+ years of experience doing sales in a solar energy company in South Africa, preferably within the C&I rooftop space. You must be good at juggling multiple sales leads, proposals and commission agent relationships at the same time.
- The ideal candidate will join candi with an existing network of potential clients, partners (EPCs/ commission agents) to tap into across the C&I sector in South Africa.
- Good understanding of solar financial products under the PPA (or similar) model.
- Must be savvy with creating, selling and clearly communicating techno-commercial proposals to a non-technical client audience.
- Must display a track record of thriving in a fast-paced sales environment, able to work towards and hit KPIs. Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit is paramount.
Other Critical Requirements:
- The role will include a significant amount of travelling to meet clients, which you must be very comfortable with.
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Microsoft Office, CRMs and other remote working tools. Capable of creating professional marketing materials in Microsoft PPT & Office.
- Excellent written and spoken English required, Afrikaans or African languages are a plus.
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes having empathy before ego, being authentic (no matter what), to work as one, and working by the candi principle that Less is More.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because…
- We focus on helping SMEs get access to low cost, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.