Application Deadline: April 05, 2023
Period: 6 months
We are Persistent in our quest to build ventures with a sustainable impact.
Persistent is a leading venture builder in sub-Saharan Africa, founded by thought leaders and pioneer investors in the climate-positive sector.
We believe that building commercially successful impact ventures in emerging markets can make the world a better place and provide attractive financial returns at the same time.
We believe that climate change is the challenge of our time and therefore focus on companies that proliferate renewable energy and other climate mitigating solutions to customers in emerging markets.
Our model is simple: We bring know-how and experience as well as the right financial capital to start-up companies. The Persistent team can provide business and financial modelling, fundraising, legal and tax structuring, technology architecture, digital strategy and HR management expertise.
Our model is unique for two reasons: First, we have the capacity to go beyond boardroom advice and roll up our sleeves to fill operational roles. Second, due to our close involvement and experience, we can provide flexible and risk tolerant capital to our companies in an efficient way.
Our model provides positive impact and financial return because we work only with exceptional entrepreneurs, because we are backed by the most visionary investors, institutions and foundations and because we are persistent.
We are looking for an exceptional graduate (preferably in marketing and communications) with a pronounced entrepreneurial mindset to join our Marketing Team. You will work with our team based in Nigeria, as well as with our Marketing and Communications Manager based in Kenya. To support the process of planning an event in Lagos in 2023, as well as support during the everyday duties of your team.
- Assist your team on the general planning process of a Persistent event in 2023.
- Take responsibility for tasks that require travelling to different locations in and around Lagos.
- Support with the internal and external Communication prior and post to the event.
- Assist the Marketing and Communication Manager with general Social Media Management, such as researching for content and writing expressive and relevant posts.
- Research and assist on finalising Press Releases, as well as Articles and other relevant papers.
You fulfil the following requirements:
- A pronounced entrepreneurial mindset, ability to work well under pressure and focus on different tasks.
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or other relevant degree from a reputable and recognised university. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- A great understanding of and experience in professional social media engagement and event management. Prior work experience in marketing, communications and event management is an added advantage.
- An understanding of the start-up ecosystem, the climate impact space and the UN SDGs, and a passion for our climate and social impact mission .
- Highly organized and transparent in work patterns, to guarantee an easy workflow between you and your team
- Mastery of the English language and excellent speaking and writing skills. Other international languages are an added advantage
- A great understanding of how to create and/or form content
- Ability to do research tasks
- A strong cultural understanding with regards event/conference management
- Great knowledge of Lagos and its scenes
- A practical, problem solving approach
- Self-starter and allrounder: You are willing to take bold steps and to bring the organisation with you. You are willing to get your hands dirty and do not consider even basic tasks beneath you.
- You are a team player with a creative mindset and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Location & Travel: You are based in Lagos (preferably can legally live and work in Nigeria) and are able to frequently travel to spend time with your team and assist with cross-border tasks.
Build with us
Our culture at Persistent is entrepreneurial, collaborative and flexible. We seek talented people who are passionate about impact and have a drive for excellence. We offer a dynamic work environment .
Join us at Persistent and benefit from:
Impact: An opportunity to create lasting social and environmental impact.
Steep learning curve: You will join a small, but experienced team that will enable you to become a multi-skilled professional in a short period of time and build the confidence to embrace and tackle most business challenges.
Opportunity to take initiative: Leverage your expertise to create practical and relevant solutions on the frontline and see concrete outcomes of your work.
Flexibility: Exercise a significant amount of discretion in determining what you do and how you do it.
Persistent is a workplace that gives you the flexibility to balance the requirements of work and private life. We also offer attractive compensation that is designed to reward your performance and impact over the long term.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com by April 05, 2023