Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses in emerging markets one rooftop at a time. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic junior level finance professional to join its finance team. Reporting to the Country Finance Lead (currently the MD), the role will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and lateral thinking across sales, engineering and a broad range of customer industries.
Hours: Full time
- Responsible for the full finance function including: financial and management reporting, monthly invoicing from the general ledger, coordinating project accounting with the Engineering and Asset Management divisions, management and collection of accounts receivable, monthly reconciliation and approval of accounts payable, inventory accounting, month end close and balance sheet reconciliations, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, taxation, company secretarial, implementing internal controls, coordinating the supporting documentation authorising payments, loading of bank payments, liaising with auditors and supporting the business areas with financial information as required.
- BCom Honours with articles preferred.
- Strong technical and financial and management accounting skills, good communication and reporting skills, good project management and the ability to communicate and interact with a team of people through reporting cycles and change processes.
- Must display a track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment. Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit is paramount.
Other Critical Requirements:
- A ‘people person’.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Understanding time value of money calculations.
- Understands and is able to promote a culture of segregation of duties and internal controls.
- Ability to work multiple work streams and possessing good communication and teamwork skills.
- Advanced financial modelling on excel.
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm.
- Experience on SARs efiling.
- Ability and responsible to work remotely with minimal direct supervision.
- Deadline driven.
- Excellent written and spoken English required.
- The gravitas to explain the candi financial solution to customers.
- Limited travel is required.
- Renewable energy and Power Purchase Agreement experience will be an advantage.
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes always being polite, being authentic, being a team player and working by the candi principle that less is more.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- Someone with passion for their profession and renewable energy.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because…
- We focus on helping SMEs get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.