Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets.
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Software Engineer, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation, and a new way of thinking.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for our South African and Indian markets:
- Implementing Lambda functions that interact with IOT devices on the Solar Sites
- Creating ETL processes and performing data migrations that will help clean up historical data
- Assisting the rest of the teams with the creation of Business Intelligence Dashboards (SQL queries)
- Extending and maintaining an existing Web Application (Front-End and Back-End) that:
- Runs our financial model against the inputs given from the user
- Calculates risks and pricing outputs
- Connects them and store them into the CRM database
- Openly discussing new technologies and ideas of improvement with the rest of the Digitalisation team to ensure candi’s infrastructure is up to date
- Working hand-in-hand with the rest of the teams to ensure the implemented code is adjusted to everyone’s needs/requirements
Location: Primarily in the Netherlands, with flexibility for frequent remote working, while some presence in our office in Hoofddorp and/or Amsterdam is welcomed. Some international travel may be necessary from time to time.
Hours: Full / Part Time are both possible
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Backend: At least 2 years of Python, Java, etc.
- Frontend: At least 2 years of TypeScript, NextJS, Express, React, Bootstrap
- Programming patterns: MVC, Factory, etc.
- Experience with NumPy and pandas are a plus
- Good understanding and experience with Excel
- Good understanding and experience with SQL-like Database technologies (PSQL, MySQL, SQLite, etc.)
- Experience working with ETL processes
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of state of the art Cloud technologies and infrastructure:
- AWS/GCP, EC2/Compute Engine, SQS/PubSub, Lambda/Functions, CICD, Amplify, etc.
- Knowledge of CRM technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of IOT and Solar as well as how to connect them to the CRM world
- An interest in data analysis and understanding of the value data can have for a company
- A problem solver and a critical thinker
- Comfortable around whiteboard exercises and SCRUM-like environments
- Ability to navigate and make clear and decisive decisions amidst uncertainty
- A desire for a role that will simultaneously provide challenge and meaning
- Ability to work independently and remotely while leveraging digital coworking tools
- An entrepreneurial drive
- A creative problem solver
- You have residency or a work permit for the Netherlands
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes always being polite, being authentic, being a team player, and working by the candi principle that Less is More.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because…
- We focus exclusively on helping SMEs in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.