Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets.
Opportunity: candi is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic intern that will help develop and maintain candi’s IT infrastructure. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation, and a new way of thinking.
Do you have what it takes?
- Are you a strong and proactive team player?
- Do you have strong English communication skills?
- Are you interested in microservices and programming patterns?
- Would you describe yourself as a highly analytical individual?
- Do you appreciate the value of data?
- Do you like exploring and leveraging new tools and technologies?
- Do you enjoy working in an international environment solving problems across geographical boundaries and cultural varieties?
- Are you interested in Cloud Computing?
- Have you heard about TDD?
- Are you fluent in Python or Java?
- Do you have experience with Relational Databases?
- Do you enjoy whiteboard sessions and SCRUM-like environments?
- Do you have or are you pursuing a degree in computer science or software engineering?
- Do you have a residency or a work permit for Switzerland?
What will you help with?
- Acquiring IoT data from our customer’s solar installations
- Implementing a pipeline of services that will ETL data into candi’s data format
- Openly discussing new technologies and ideas of improvement with the rest of the Digitalisation team to ensure candi’s infrastructure is up to date
- Working hand-in-hand with the rest of the teams to ensure the implemented code is adjusted to everyone’s needs/requirements
Workplace: Zurich, with flexibility for remote working. Traveling to one of the key markets (India or South Africa) to support the team on the ground is an option contingent on the pandemic situation.
Duration: At least 6 months full-time.
The candi culture
- We are living the candi values every day of your employment. This includes “empathy before ego”, “being authentic – no matter what”, “working as one” and following the candi principle of “less is more”
- We expect openness, honesty, trustworthiness, and proactive communication. Furthermore, we are convinced that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because…
- We value potential over experience in our people.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric, innovation-driven and agile working culture.
- We see our employees not only as a workforce but as human beings keen to grow professionally but also personally.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.