Backed by international investors, and headquartered out of Switzerland, candi is a leading, professionally managed, fast growing organization focused on commercial and industrial (C&I) rooftop solar PV power projects in South Asia, SE Asia and Africa. In a short span, the organization has developed a strong portfolio of projects and counts amongst its clients a variety of customers from industry to schools, to commercial buildings in India.
The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic young engineer who will have oversight across various technical aspects of the company, including evaluation of different solar technologies available, enhancing system design expertise of the team, creating cost efficiencies of the system hardware as well as installation/project management processes and, depending on initiative shown, taking the lead in helping to shape the company’s overall technology strategy. This is a unique opportunity to join a seasoned team of professionals at a relatively early stage of setting up a new venture, and thereby help to mould the company’s strategy and growth prospects.
- Help to manage the planning, development and competitiveness of the company’s solar system offering
- Manage strategic relationships with key technology providers and local country-level partners
- Conduct techno-commercial discussions with clients
- Work with cross-functional departments for development of projects and preparation of sales proposals, including design optimization and site visit assessment
- Ensure technology performance, and service level requirements are met, including working closely with O&M teams
- Identify potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact
- Provide technical expertise as well as an understanding of trends in solar sector (including hybrid options, storage etc.) that can create value for the business
- Demonstrate leadership skills, create and develop high-performance work teams
- Regular travel to South Asia as well as within Africa will be required, as well as Europe
- Join meetings with investors to represent the company from a technical perspective.
- Location: Cape Town (or Zurich)
Candidate Profile: Engineering degree from a reputed institute. Should have at least 3-8 years’ experience in solar, ideally with experience in some combination of the following areas:
- EPC projects for solar PV – site survey, system design, BOQ / BOM – with a preference for material experience within rooftop solar
- Excellent knowledge of PVSYS, Helioscope, shading analysis and other solar yield generation tools
- Management of budget/delivery of solar rooftop projects ensuring optimal utilization of equipment and manpower
- Knowledge of Industrial AC systems, grid synchronization and storage systems
- Knowledge of solar PV O&M is preferred
- Experience working in a start-up environment/building teams/building a business is a plus
- Work experience within Africa and/or South/South East Asia is required
Whilst we always balance the pros and cons of our candidates’ profiles, as a company we tend to put more emphasis on motivation, intellect, and a ‘get-it-done’ attitude than MWs installed, years behind the desk and stamps in the passport. Our sector is evolving quickly and the ability to learn quickly and adapt is imperative to success. Ultimately, we are looking for someone to not only get the job done, but to grow and succeed together with us and our business – ideally whilst having some fun along the way!