Following the successful first closing of the Series C equity round with $10 Million raised, Persistent is delighted to welcome two new members to its Board of Directors, strengthening the team with their diverse expertise in their respective fields:
- Mr. Masashi (Mike) Mizoguchi – Managing Director, Head of Business Division, Tokyo Branch Office of Kyuden International Corp, in charge of the EMEA Region.
- Mr. Amos Gachuiri – Investment Manager at FSD Africa Investments (FSDAi)
Persistent’s Board of Directors oversees the operations and financial condition of the firm and consists of the company’s founders and representatives of the main shareholders. Its members bring their own entrepreneurial experience and specific expertise in several key areas such as renewable energy, energy access, impact investing, private equity investments or fundraising. We are very grateful to our current Board Directors who have renewed their commitment and continue with their roles:
- Mr. Philipp Cottier – Our Board Chair, is an active investor and entrepreneur in fintech, blockchain, hedge funds and impact investments.
- Ms. Meera Shah – Business Director and Head of Household Energy and Off Grid Utilities for the Shell Foundation.
- Mr. Kazuomi Kaneto – Founder and CEO of DPI Ventures, is a serial entrepreneur and seasoned global investor in renewable energy companies around the world.
- Mr. Dirk Muench – Persistent Co-Founder and Executive Director of Corporate Investments at South Pole, a climate solutions consultancy and developer.
- Mr. Chris Aidun – Persistent Co-Founder and Partner, with over 30 years of experience in venture capital, private equity and finance law.
We are proud to have such an accomplished Board of Directors that fully understands and supports Persistent’s long-term vision and its climate venture building strategy for Africa.
In connection with the Series C closing, Jonathan Waxman stepped off the Board. Persistent’s management and other Board members thank Jonathan for his extremely important Board service and commitment for the last five years.