We would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved in an impactful and great year at Persistent.
Over the year we were able to grow our team with nine new members. We not only closed our Series C capital raise, but also hosted our first Climate Venture Building Conference in Nairobi.
With more live-conferences and less travel-restrictions in 2022 our team was able to visit partner companies in Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and the DRC. We also participated in conferences, such as:
- SuperReturn in Cape Town
- GOGLA Conference with CEI Launch in Kigali
- European Microfinance Week in Luxembourg
- Africa Early Stage Investor Summit
- AFSIC 2022 in London
- Impact for Breakfast, together with Triple Jump in Zurich
- Nairobi Idea Exchange, together with Mawazo Institute
- Alliance for Rural Electrification in Dar Es Salaam
- Sustainable Energy Forum in Kigali
- … and many other online events.
With two exits and three new partner companies, we are looking forward to continuing our venture building activities around the African continent in 2023, growing closer with our partners and network to achieve new opportunities with our impact investment + human capital strategy.
Wishing you, your families, colleagues, and friends a happy holiday and a great new start in to 2023!